Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Me And India Heritage Sites!

I know it has been about 3 and a half weeks since I landed at the second most populated country in the world, India. So I think it's time for me to tell you all about it. In me recent post, I wrote about how poor some of the citizens in India that touches my heart deeply :-P I'm serious! And now, I'm going to tell about all the places that makes India, truly India.

As you all know, Taj Mahal is one of the famous Seven Wonders of the world. So, Taj Mahal is a must place to visit! We went to Taj Mahal during our second day in India. It took us about 5 to 6 hours to arrive to Agra ( the place where Taj Mahal is located ) from New Delhi. It was a tiring journey, not that I drove or anything. But sitting in the van for 5 hours really hurts my back.

The big gate with 8 domes before entering the Taj Mahal.

Taj Mahal in the evening.

My family and I arrived at Agra in the late evening. So the sky was near to sunset. The Taj Mahal is built by Shah Jahan as a present to his wife. The history regarding the Taj Mahal is very interesting. You should Wiki and read about it here.

Taj Mahal's.

Moving on, when I entered the Taj Mahal, it was dark, because they didn't have lights during the old days. So we have to  walk in there by using lights from our phones. The marble design in and out of the Taj Mahal is magnificent. It is so beautiful. No wonder it took them about 17 years to build it.

Fatehpur Sikri and I.


The third day during our visit to India, we went to Fatehpur Sikri, also located around Agra. This place is a palace where Shah Jahan's grandfather, Akbar lived. I find Fatehpur Sikri really amazing! I enjoyed every minute while I was touring the place. The tour guide showed us where Akbar and his wives used to eat, where he sleeps, where one of his wives used to cook for Akbar, and even where he played hide and seek with his slaves. The hide and seek part is unexpected. I know. The funny thing is, the tour guide insisted us that we play one hide and seek game. It was hilarious. I hide with my dad but we weren't the last one hiding. My brother-in-law won, but that's only because he was cheating. Lol.


We also went to the Red Fort. Okay, we didn't literally entered the place. We only took some pictures from the fence as you can see in the picture. The Red Fort was used as a military camp by the British before India achieved their independence in 1947. Too bad we didn't get the opportunity to really visit Red Fort.

Jama Masjid, New Delhi.

After spending 2 days and 1 night in Agra, we finally went back to New Delhi. That means another 5 hours in the van. Tiring, absolutely tiring. In New Delhi, we visited the Jama Masjid. This building is the oldest and the most best-known mosque in India. Jama Masjid is located at the India's own Petaling Street, Chawri Bazaar Road. 

Chawri Bazar Road.

After bargaining a lot of sari cloths, we visited the Bahai House of Worship. The building has a shape of a Lotus flower. It's almost similar like the Sydney Opera House.




We didn't do much there. But my family and I did enjoy the beautiful scenery. They have this Alice in Wonderland-like tree. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice recap bro! Info from wiki kan? Ngeh3...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, from my experience lah. hihi. you should really pay attention to the tour guide. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAH...too bad that tour guide has us, the babil tourists to listen to him

    ReplyDelete