Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Universal Studio Singapore, USS.

Last CNY, as you guys know, I went to Singapore with my family and relatives. And the highlight of my vacation there was our visit to Singapore's very own Universal Studio. It was a hell of an experience! Spent the time there from morning till' night. It was worth the time and money.

We started our journey at approximately 8am in the morning. We stopped by at a food court. The place was already crowded with people. I ate a Roti Telur and a cup of Iced Milo. After breakfast, the journey begins! When we arrived at the entrance of Universal Studio, okay okay, and also the car park, cameras started to play their part (too excited).

Anyway, we took about 15 to 20 minutes to snappy snap some pictures in front of the famous Universal Studio globe.


In front of the main gate.

The tickets were bought weeks before we came. I can't remember the exact price, but I think it's $70 something each.

Uss Ticket


After the I'm-excited-to-enter-USS photo shoot session is done, we finally entered. My happiness that time was indescribable. It felt like I was 5 years old again, Uh-Ma-Zing!

Brother and I wow-ing!

The building design is absolutely incredible. The whole place is divided into several themed attraction. There's Sci-Fi themed. 'Far Far Away' based on the movie, Shrek. 'The Lost World' is from Jurassic Park. 'Ancient Egypt' is based on The Mummy Return, and other movie-themed attraction etc. etc.

A roller coaster in the Sci-Fi themed.

We entered the Sci-Fi themed first, and the main attraction there was the Battlestar Galactica. The roller coaster was pretty scary and I have no idea why my heart keeps telling me to give it a go on that life-threatening ride. Sadly, the roller coaster was closed because it was not officially open. That's cool. :(  Moving on.

Since we didn't get the chance to ride the Galactica roller coaster, we decided to ride a roller coaster in the Mummy themed attraction. It was the Mummy Revenge. When we queued, we have no idea at all what type of ride it was but since that was the first ride there, we obliged to enter. 
It turned out to be Awesome!! The roller coaster went backwards. How cool is that? It was frightening though. And I wasn't aware that there was a camera taking our photo when the roller coaster was coming down. 
Result = Me looking like I'm about to give birth.
So I will not be sharing the picture since it's a total embarrassment.

After screaming like there's no tomorrow, we had our lunch and performed our solat. :) We had to pray at a small corner near Water World since there was absolutely no surau


We continued our day by trying a ride at The Lost World. It's like an ordinary river raft ride. I was soaking wet, so is Ma. The ride was okay, but I'm more the thrilling ride kind of person, so I didn't enjoy it that much. But it was fun. 3.5/5. :D

River raft ride.

After that, we settled down and watched a live Water World show. It's performed by professional stuntmen and a woman. I totally enjoyed every second of it.


We visited the Far Far Away next. Watched a 4D Shrek short movie, rode a kiddie roller coaster twice. Lol. I also took a picture with Shrek and Fiona in front of their swamp house.



I was still hoping to get on the Galactica roller coaster while I already knew I wouldn't get the chance. So, I tried to cheer myself up by riding King Julien go round. It's a marry go round at the Madagascar themed attraction. I was a little shy to ride it at first but I saw a grandma riding it with a big happy I-Don't-Care face so, why not?

Aww, so cute.

Spin me round and round.

We also visited the New York themed attraction. No rides there. But it was certainly beautiful.



At the end of the day, we're deeply tired but we had fun. At approximately 8pm, we exited the place and had a dinner at a simple restaurant in Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. That's definitely not the restaurant we went to, ahaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. byk yer part yg dah lupa.lama sangt peram cite.haha

    ReplyDelete