Saturday, February 12, 2011

A New Accent To Learn.

As you guys know, states from the Malaysia northern region are Kedah, Penang, Perak and Perlis. For your information, I'm from Kuala Lumpur. But lately, I'm suddenly interested in the Malaysia Northern accent or as the Malaysians call it, loghat. It all started when I watched this video in Youtube by a new vlogger from Kedah. He is such a funny person with his very thick accent. And from that on, call me crazy, I asked a friend of mine at school which is a pure Kedah-ian to teach me how to pronounce the Kedah's accent correctly. All my friends thought I was weird with this irregular sudden interest. I even posted some status in Facebook with this accent. Lol!



Sometimes, it even becomes a habit  when I talk to people :) A friend of mine even jokes around and called me "Kedah poser" since I'm not at all a Kedah-ian. Lol. Anyways, this accent is really fun to learn. There were few words that are really hard for me to pronounce until I accidentally combined two words. And I always forgot to convert words ending with "R" to "Q". So this are some words that I learned from my Kedah friend and some other various sources. 

Kamu or Kamu semua - Hangpa / Hampa 
Mereka - Depa
Pemalas - Baloq liat
Degil - Ketegaq
Bising - Hingaq

4 comments:

  1. all Kedahian blogger out there must be proud of ur effort..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur so weird... bhs mak abah sendiri pon x abes bljr lg... kui3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kak juli: Is that a compliment or perli? haha

    Kakju: Hahah, tu lahh. :|

    ReplyDelete
  4. in front of ur sister, must say compliment hahaha..

    alaa..im not good in perli2 laa..puji la..hahhaha

    ReplyDelete