Friday, January 14, 2011

Cupcake Baking: First Attempt.

No, these are not mine. But aren't they awesome?

Failed! Lol. Yup, you read it right, I failed my first attempt in baking my own cupcakes. It all started during last year's visit to Carefour Grocery store with my family. I saw this cute and pink cupcake recipe book. It caught my attention so I decided to buy it. When I arrived home, I flipped through some pages and looked through the pictures of all the amazing cupcakes. And from that point, I knew that I wanted to make some cupcakes of my own.


10 January 2011.
I finally get to bake my own cupcakes. I bought all the ingredients needed the day before, including Pillsbury Cake Mix to make the cake since I've never baked a decent cake before. The last one was a total disaster. Lol. I started baking the cake at 4PM after school. Later, my friend, Iqin came by and decided to help me. She helped me by pouring the cupcake mix batter into the cupcake paper cups.

Nyum cupcake batter! 

I also did the icing by myself. And silly silly me! I didn't read the instructions correctly. I was supposed to put only 2 tablespoons of water, but careless me put 1 cup of water instead. acah acah Cake Boss yang pro tak payah tengok recipe. Lol! And because of that my icing is super duper sweeeeeet since I have to put more icing sugar to thicken the icing. After the icing was thick enough, I put some colourings into it (my favourite part). I have pink, orange and blue. All the colours were just perfect. 

Lol! The cakes turned out to be funny.

After the icing was all done. Ding! The oven's timer ended the silence in the kitchen. I took the pan out and I laughed my heart out. The cakes were super ugly. But surprisingly, the taste was not bad. I started decorating the cupcakes by putting the icing first. Then followed by some chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. And this was how it all turned out,

Funny, no?

Everyone who ate my cupcakes gave the same feedbacks. "The cake taste great! But the icing makes the whole cupcake taste too sweet". I wasn't shocked at all, actually I already expected it would happen. I'll totally make some more in the future to improve my cupcakes. :)

6 comments:

  1. wowwee!!i`ve been meaning to bake something too, but it goes nowhere..lawa ur cupcakes..bagus2!keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak Juli; lol, thank you sis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i were there at that moment, i would have the opportunity to eat those cakes! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. lawa cupcakes tu..mesti sedap kan?
    very mouth watering..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah! nak gak... bake some for me gal!

    ReplyDelete